[PD] horizontal video lines

sara kolster sara at x-i.net
Sat Dec 4 00:01:47 CET 2004

Hi James,

> ...these don't really look like field problems, but rather frame
> tearing, which comes from unsynchronized grabbing of the video and
> it's display:  in other words, pdp is displaying frames that haven't
> completely been captured...

I just made a video, where one clip caused the same error when captured
and exported. I solved the problem by exporting the video with the same
field dominance as the original captured 'source-material' - thanks to
the advice from Miguel. [see last email]

This is why i thought it was a field dominance problem; but if you think
it's something else and you can fix it, i'll be happy too ;)
Does it have something to do with the way pdp displays the movie in
milliseconds while it actually exist in frames?

> ...can't work on it atm...

I really hope you have some time in the near future..