[PD] vbitmap

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 7 19:58:48 CET 2004

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Christopher Charles hat gesagt: // Christopher Charles wrote:
> > first, i'd like to introduce myself to the list, my name is christopher
> > charles, 22, germany, i've been lurking here for some months, and this
> > is my first post. as a welcome present for you all, i "wrote" (patched
> > together out of existing externals) a gui external called vbitmap, which
> > is able to display and modify integers as some sort of 1-d binary map,
> > but you'll have to see the screenshot or try it out to see what i mean:
> > https://www.puredata.info/Members/syntax_the_nerd/
> Wow, I think, this is really cool, I'm about to try it. From looking
> at the screenshot, one thing occured to me: It's not that good, that
> it looks exactly the same as the radio-buttons. So I'd suggest you
> maybe make the active buttons round?

I don't think that's a good idea, because round buttons look more like a
bang button; square buttons as in h/vradio are closer in concept already;
but my proposal is to make them look like toggles. Think of it, if you
were making that thing as an abstraction, you might be using toggle to
construct it, and then shift bits in the resulting values so that together
the toggles form a bitmap.