[PD] Re: tabreceive and block

Stefan Turner stefan_turner at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 10 14:14:32 CET 2004

>Hello
>
>I'm looking for documentation on all the ins and outs
>of the block object and the tabreceive object.  Any
>help?  The help files weren't able to give me a good
>start for using the two together.  Does any one know
>where I can find detailed documantation about those
>two objects?
>
>thanks

block~ sets the number of samples in each processing
cycle (which defaults to 64). So each signal is
divided up into blocks of 64 samples as it would be
too slow to do it sample by sample. You could for
example override it to have 1-sample blocks with
[block~ 1] though: this can be useful in feedback.
tabreceive~ fills each of these blocks with the first
values of a named table (normally the first 64) over
and over. So for example if you had a 64-sample table
with values 0,1,2...63 then tabreceive~ using that
table would give a signal
0,1,2...63,0,1,2...63,0,1,2...63 etc. For examples
look at the fft help patches. Hope that makes sense?

Stefan Turner