[PD] general purpose graphical dataflow language?

=?X-UNKNOWN?Q?g=FCnter_geiger?= geiger at xdv.org
Wed Dec 22 10:28:18 CET 2004

Hi,

I have looked at some of the dataflow languages, and I found them
awkward too. It might be that I am too accostumed about how things are
in Pd, but I think that MAX/Pd is one of the best paradigms for doing
graphical programming.

In the long run I think the best solution would be some hybrid between
graphical and textual programming (similar to the scripting extensions
that exist for Pd), but more integrated.

And, of course a core set of complete data structures and object to
manipulate them.

Well, anyhow, I think it is an interesting topic, and obviously for some
people it is the only way they are willing to learn to program, so it
definitely has its place.

Guenter