[PD] gentoo realtime-lsm for pd+jack realtime?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Dec 26 12:35:14 CET 2004

Hallo,
derek holzer hat gesagt: // derek holzer wrote:

> Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> >As I thought, there seems to be a portage for Gentoo, too:
> >http://gentoo-portage.com/sys-apps/realtime-lsm
>
> Just have to pipe up and say three cheers for realtime-lsm. It was a
> very quick setup on my Gentoo Shuttle PC last night, and the got the
> latency of my PCI HDSP on that box down from a hideous 4096 frames per
> period to a wonderful 512 with "almost zero" Xruns.

Though that is not the gain of the realtime-lsm module: It just allows
ordinary users to do things, normally only root is allowed to. It does
not give better realtime performance itself. The module has a
misleading name, there's not much "realtime" about it.

But great to hear, that 2.6.10 gives better latencies now. I'll try
soon. (Is cdrecord working again? ;)

Ciao