[PD] gentoo realtime-lsm for pd+jack realtime?

Matthew Allen mtallen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 17:33:48 CET 2004

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 12:51:04 +0100, derek holzer <derek at x-i.net> wrote:
> Hey Frank,
>
> I was hoping to graft Ingo Molnar's RT patch into the "love-sources"
> patches, but maybe my knowledge of patching and ebuilds are not up to
> scratch, because I kept getting "Omitted Patch" errors when emerging my
> frankenstein love-sources. Anybody 'round here an ebuild wizard that
> could walk me through it?

Derek, yesterdy I patched the mm-sources (2.6.10-rc3-r1) [emerge
mm-sources] with Ingo's realtime patch found here:

http://people.redhat.com/mingo/realtime-preempt/

If you do your emerge, and then download this patch into the newly
created directory in /usr/src. do a:

patch -p1 < 'name of patch'

it should work. from here you have to enable the realtime stuff in the
config (which of course I have written down somewhere, but i remeber
it being easy enough to find). Mail me if this doesnt work for you. I
am not an ebuild genious (just moved from ccrma to gentoo) but so far
I like how things work under gentoo.

The patching went great and so far I have had a pretty solid day or
so. No hard core sound testing but its nice to finally get a realtime
patch to take. You may also want to look at the vivid-sources as I
think they were adding ingo's patch.

m.