[PD] Gem pix-video [loop-option?]

sara kolster sara at x-i.net
Sun Dec 26 21:58:35 CET 2004

Hey James,

> ...yes, they all create the same kind of output...I'd suggest just
> plugging something into something else if your curious:  that's kinda
> how pd/gem are designed...it'll either work or not, and if not,
> hopefully spew out some message instead of crashing :-)

Well, I figured it out and it works. I had to send this colorspace RGB
message to it, and then it worked fine.
When I want to use the output of pix_video as well as the
pix_buffer_read, the 'live-input' of the camera isn't shown, but only
the rectangle on which it is 'textured'. Creating two pix-video-objects
isn't possible I think, also then only the rectangle or cube is shown.

> ...yeh, everything is "on" by default, if I remember correctly...so
> you may want to send a [loadbang]->[0] to anything you want off to
> start...we have discussed this a while ago, and I think we just
> decided to leave it as is...

Ok, will try the [loadbang]->[0].

Thanks,

Sara