[PD] PD WIKKI defaced [request for backups!]

Johannes M Zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jan 3 10:43:00 CET 2005

derek holzer wrote:
> Hi IOhannes and the list,
>
> once again, I'd like to ask if anyone has backups of the pd.iem.at WIKKI
> pages somewhere. The imbiciles that scrubbed the *entire* WIKKI did a
> pretty thorough job of overwriting all the available previous versions
> of pages available there. I had two different pages for workshops I
> taught there: "PD.Balkania" and "Open Source Multimedia Tools @
> Montevideo". It would be a real shame to lose that documentation...

hi.
i have noticed that this happened just before i left for holidays, and
didn't do anything about it (hoping that there would be a long enough
history in php-wiki)

anyhow, i hope that i can find a backup of the site (there should be a
rather old one...)

> Second, I'd like to know if anyone is maintaining that site/WIKKI. If
> not, I'll find another place to put public PD docs in the future.

personally i think, that it would probably be best to use puredata.org

there are zwiki's (which shouldn't be affected, at least if they are
restricted to member's only, which i think is a fair enough
restricition, as anyone can become member)

i was thinking of migrating the pdwiki to puredata.org anyhow

mfg.ad.sr
IOhannes