[PD] controlling stuff with tables

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Mon Jan 3 17:38:11 CET 2005

Johannes M Zmoelnig wrote:
> pun chik wrote:

>> seconds question is , how can i make that my first number and the last
>> one in the table always be cero?
>> it would nice if there is a way of doing this automatically. so i can
>> create complex signals dynamically without worry about clicks.
>

> honestly, use another table for windowing the 1st table (this is:
> multiply the 2 tables together): the 1st table holds whatever you want,
> and the 2nd makes the result fit into some boundary conditions (like
> smooth transitions,...)

See:

/pd/doc/3.audio.examples/B09.sampler.loop.smooth.pd

The [-~ 0.5]--[*~ 0.5]--[cos~] construction makes an windowed "envelope"
  from the output of the [phasor~]. This ensures that the endpints of
the table are always zero. However, it also modulates the amplitude of
the sound coming out to some extent. But it is the most "systematic" way
of setting your table boundaries to zero.

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 36: