[PD] constructing "data" - how do I see shapes?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Jan 14 00:27:51 CET 2005

Hallo,
David Marrs hat gesagt: // David Marrs wrote:
> I see now.  WinImp isn't up to the task of unzipping tgzs, it seems.  I
> bit the bullet, downloaded Winzip instead and used that to get at the
> archive.  Why tgz and bz2 files can't be recognised in Windows by
> default, I don't know.

Yes, that's a pity. The archive format is open, free and is used on
Unix systems for literally decades...

I think, 7-zip is popular among Windows-users: http://www.7-zip.org/
If you stay with Pd, you might encounter .tgz a lot in the future. ;)

I hope you like the tutorial. It's not quite finished, but AFAIK has
helped some other users so far, too.

Ciao