[PD] PD license technicalities with regard to selling a project...

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Jan 20 20:33:38 CET 2005

The GNU GPL or the BSD License puts no restrictions on selling the
software as long as you follow the conditions of the licenses.  For
BSD, its to include the copyright notice with any distribution, for the
GPL, you are required to distribute the source of derivative works.  I
think that Pd patches could remain closed source if you want, but
modifications to the GPL parts would have to be released.

.hc