[PD] PD and GEM for virtual environments

Peter Brinkmann brinkman at math.TU-Berlin.DE
Mon Jan 31 01:43:11 CET 2005

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 05:53:51PM +0100, Max Neupert wrote:
> i've been thinking about this too, but had no time to start it.
Hmm, maybe we should talk some time... My main motivation for
contemplating GEM in virtual environments is to open our existing
installation at TU Berlin (the PORTAL - a CAVE-like environment with
three walls) for collaboration with artists. What sort of installation
are you going to target?

> > - Can I change the viewport in GEM? The FAQ has some comment regarding
> > the default viewport, but little information on how to change it.
>
> the helpfile Gem/gemwin.pd says some details in the viewing section:
> [...]
Excellent, that's precisely what I was looking for!

> if you want to project on uneven surfaces (like a dome, a planetary, an
> edge or a cave) you might be interested in
> http://tot.sat.qc.ca/eng/lighttwist.html
> http://vision3d.iro.umontreal.ca/
Interesting stuff! For the time being, all the screens within my reach
are quite flat, but I'll keep this in mind for future reference.
Cheers,
    Peter