[PD] belt conveyor control

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Tue Feb 1 16:46:07 CET 2005

The way I'd go about this is using a microcontroller of some sort. A
BASIC STAMP may be the best and easiest if you're just doing this one
thing. Alternatively you can use a PIC, in which case my tutorial at
http://www.0x09.com/Marlboro/physcomp might be useful. Basically the
microcontroller would give you an interface between a motor and your
computer.

You might be able to do it without a microcontroller, depending on the
motor and its interface. You might even be able to just plug it in to a
serial port, perhaps via a relay. The serial port uses +/-5V DC, which
can be triggered using the [comport] external. You output that to a
relay, which triggers the motor on or off. That's entirely speculative,
I just pulled it out of my ass, and I've never tried anything like it
before.

Cheers,
Ian

--