[PD] mp3 playing external

august august at alien.mur.at
Fri Feb 4 06:20:36 CET 2005

> Given that alsaplayer and jack are linux programs, and readanysf~ runs
> on linux, what's the advantage for one or the other?

just thought I might jump in here.

there is no reason that the current readanysf~ should not compile under
windoze.  I just don't have access to a windows machine to do the compile.
It would be great if someone could tackle this.

on another note, I started to rewrite the readanysf~ code.
the goal for the new version are as follows:
	1.) direct c++ code for pd.  no more flext.
	2.) read forwards and backwards
	3.) no more stereo default...should read multiple channels
	4.) nudge function for frank :)
	5.) possibly libsndfile options for reading more raw formats

things to keep:
	1.) varispeed play
	2.) transparent interface between files on disk and files streamed
	via http
	3.) multithreaded for smooth playback
	4.) wav, aiff, mp3, flac playback

most of this I got done already over HannaKwanaMas break.  The rest I can
only hope to complete by end of 2005.....too many pressures being an adult
and such.

best -august.