[PD] Parallel Printer Port External?

martin pichlmair pi at attacksyour.net
Sat Feb 5 12:36:05 CET 2005

> Has anyone written anything similar to comport for the parallel
> printer ports?  Can anyone point me in the right direction for writing
> an external that would be able to send and receive data from the
> parallel ports?

apart from reading and writing to the parallel port it would be
interesting to simply set pins of ports. i recently nearly would have
needed it for triggering electronics without using a microcontroller. a
library can be found here:

http://parapin.sourceforge.net/doc/parapin.html

wrapping it up in an external should be fairly straight-forward. in the
document above are links to parallel port faqs that might help you
learning more about this port.

the problem is: less and less computers feature a parport as printers
are connected via usb or ethernet/wlan. better code fast!

lg
martin

attacksyour.net/pi