[PD] standalone app

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Sat Feb 5 21:46:35 CET 2005

Le 4 Février 2005 10:46, Michal Seta a écrit :
> Rory Walsh <rorytheroar at yahoo.com> writes:
> > I hear people talk of a standalone MAX patches all the
> > time, but am I right in thinking that this is not
> > standalone(in the true sense of the word) but merely a
> > patch that's bundled together with a player?
>
> Actually, all patches and used externs are bundled into the executable
> application. So, if your patch does not require any external graphics
> or sound files, you'd be able to distribute one executable 'player'
> that does not require a user to install anything else Max related.
>
> It acts as a stand-alone Mac application.

It's possible to do the same in Linux, using a shell script. PD and its
executable binaries should be compiled statically, then reduced in size using
upx, then combined with the other necassary files, external and patches into
a self extracting archive that would start PD automatically with the right
patch.
--
Marc