[PD] no input from pwc via pdp_v4l

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Tue Feb 8 03:47:23 CET 2005

Le 7 Février 2005 10:19, Ian Smith-Heisters a écrit :
> PWCX is dead! Long live PWC!
>
> Amongst much drama pwcx was booted out of the kernel because it hooks to
> a closed source driver for decompression. There is now an open, fully
> featured, and easy to install driver at http://www.saillard.org/linux/pwc/
>
> Try it out, and rock on.

It does work very well, indeed! :-) I bought my Logitech webcam last year, but
I was a bit ashamed, because I knew about the proprietary component in the
driver.The webcam offering was very bad last year, and it's much better now.
There's even a driver for this very cute Creative notebook webcam:
http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?product=629
http://feanor.sssup.it/~pj/linux/creative_webcam_notebook.html
--
Marc