[PD] Help with soundfiler object not reading wav file

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Tue Feb 8 21:40:55 CET 2005

Hello list!
I need help again. :(
I am trying to get soundfiler to work but I can\'t get it to read
my wav file that plays fine through aplay. I haven\'t even gotten
to test array playing with tabosc4~ on my AMD64 yet, which I hear
is broken.
Soundfiler complains of a bad header format.
I am using pd CVS from Feb 3 on an AMD64 laptop.
Here is what aplay -v displays.

Playing WAVE \'Desktop/RemberingPast1.wav\' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo
Plug PCM: Route conversion PCM (sformat=S32_LE)
Transformation table:
0 <- 0
1 <- 1
2 <- none
3 <- none
4 <- none
5 <- none
6 <- none
7 <- none
8 <- none
9 <- none
10 <- none
11 <- none
12 <- none
13 <- none
14 <- none
15 <- none
16 <- none
17 <- none
Its setup is:
stream       : PLAYBACK
access       : RW_INTERLEAVED
format       : S16_LE
subformat    : STD
channels     : 2
rate         : 44100
exact rate   : 44100 (44100/1)
msbits       : 16
buffer_size  : 8192
period_size  : 4096
period_time  : 92879
tick_time    : 1000
tstamp_mode  : NONE
period_step  : 1
sleep_min    : 0
avail_min    : 4096
xfer_align   : 4096
start_threshold  : 8192
stop_threshold   : 8192
silence_threshold: 0
silence_size : 0
boundary     : 4611686018427387904
Slave: Hardware PCM card 1 \'Hammerfall DSP\' device 0 subdevice 0

Its setup is:
stream       : PLAYBACK
access       : MMAP_NONINTERLEAVED
format       : S32_LE
subformat    : STD
channels     : 18
rate         : 44100
exact rate   : 44100 (44100/1)
msbits       : 24
buffer_size  : 8192
period_size  : 4096
period_time  : 92879
tick_time    : 1000
tstamp_mode  : NONE
period_step  : 1
sleep_min    : 0
avail_min    : 4096
xfer_align   : 4096
start_threshold  : 8192
stop_threshold   : 8192
silence_threshold: 0
silence_size : 0
boundary     : 4611686018427387904

Thanks for the help and for PD in general!
-thewade