[PD] Help with soundfiler object not reading wav file

ix at replic.net ix at replic.net
Wed Feb 9 18:05:11 CET 2005

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 01:40:55PM -0700, thewade wrote:
> Hello list!
> I need help again. :(
> I am trying to get soundfiler to work but I can\'t get it to read
> my wav file that plays fine through aplay. I haven\'t even gotten
> to test array playing with tabosc4~ on my AMD64 yet, which I hear
> is broken.
> Soundfiler complains of a bad header format.

if you override readsf~ with proper values it will actually work rigth on amd64. im afraid to try using tables, since i know theyre messed up...but the easiest way to override header mangling is proably to use InfoAudio, ive some patches that do this:

    InfoAudio (ftp://ftp.tsp.ece.mcgill.ca/TSP/AFsp/)
    wget -r -l1 http://whats-your.name/pd/gui/pool/dl/ (also /pd/extra/shell/ unless you can tell me why the shell in cvs is broken)

    open wavi.pd, adjust the path if necessary and click the bang. with 15.75 GB of wav files and SATA drive, will scan for ~90 seconds and create pool .dat ~10 mb...

    open w.pd, click 'tree', or type words in the search box.

    when setup it will look something like this: http://whats-your.name/pd/gui/pool/img.PNG (it runs on linux too)