[PD] APOLOGIES: dlgranulator~ patch

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Fri Feb 11 13:15:21 CET 2005

David,

The patch works now - It seems like I had an old version. Great patch!
Elegantly written, extremely versatile and useful, all without using any
externals!

A few suggestions/observations:

1/ I would put a loadbang on one of your sets of 'suggested' settings.
This is because starting the DSP on my Linux box without tweaking the
settings first caused Jack to generate 1000's of xruns and nearly crash
the machine!

2/ It might be useful to include a warning somewhere in the
documentation stating that certain settings such as combinations of
large grains with small inter-onset times can cause 'undesirable' output
and should therefore be changed slowly whilst testing. Also, perhaps
include a disclaimer or license, so people know what they are allowed to
use the patch for.

I know this is not about the technical aspects, but I hope it is
helpful!

Jamie