[PD] First patch for performance

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Feb 12 11:36:29 CET 2005

Hallo,
amatheso at alcor.concordia.ca hat gesagt: // amatheso at alcor.concordia.ca wrote:

> I'm using pure data for a school concert. Its my first time playing
> live with pd. Just wanted some input from the list about my patch.

Indeed very cool patch. I wish you good luck for the concert, I see no
real problems with the patch, which should "just work"(tm) ;)

Some future enhancements would be, to move the 4 sample players into
their own files and convert them to abstractions. You can then pass
the name of the array as first argument into the abstraction by
calling the array "$1-sample" (didn't work with earlier versions of
Pd, but should work now, otherwise use [table $1-sample])

This way you can reuse the abstraction and any changes, enhancements
or bug fixes you make in one of the sample players will automatically
be done in the other players, too.

Ciao

             _ __latest track: fqdn _ http://footils.org/cms/show/38