[PD] arrays not redrawing

ix at replic.net ix at replic.net
Sat Feb 12 20:20:16 CET 2005

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 01:06:54PM -0500, Ian Smith-Heisters wrote:
> And yet another question for the hive mind...
>
> Array redrawing seems to be working sporadically for me under pd 0.38-2
> (CVS stable_0_38 from last night) and pd .39. At first I thought it was
> just my patch, but then I was playing with Frank Barknecht's fantastic
> waveshaper patch and noticed that when I painted in an array the sound
> would indeed change, but the array display would not update. Opening the
> array would reveal the changes had been made, and when I closed it, the
> array redraws. Sometimes it still works, and I can't seem to pin down
> what makes it work and what doesn't.

i get this too, with numboxes as well as arrays (curiously toxy objects dont seem to be affected, and numbox2 is safe) with heavy gui activity, like writing to a 512-pix spectrogram and/or updating a number of numboxes every 64 samples. are you creating heavy traffic?

most of these problems (dropped updates & Random crashes when moving or drawing things, plus array names not displaying) by switching to devel_0_38, so memory locking may be involved somwhow...