[PD] PD keeps crashing

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Sun Feb 13 19:40:14 CET 2005

Well, this isn't a fix, but a hack to fix your specific problem.

Open the .pd file in a text editor. Search for the name of the object
you're looking for, since it's spigot, which is common, and you might
have many, look above and below it to make sure it's the right one. I
think objects added to the file in the order that they're created. Then
either delete it, or try to delete the pertinent "#X connect" line,
which is the patch cord, but I'm not sure how one would identify the
cord with the object.

Hope that helps,
Ian

robertgarvin at bellsouth.net wrote:
> Hello all.
> I am having a problem with one of my patches. It keeps crashing PD whenever I delete a certain part of it. I was trying to figure out how I could make the left and right arrow keys to control a slider, and I finally got it to work. the only problem is that there is a spigot function that is not needed, but whenever I try to delete it, windows jumps in and says:
> "pd.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."
>  I just ran some "tests" and if I disconnect the patch cables from the spigot, and then delete it, it wont crash. I'm not sure how I should attach the file, so if you would like to look at the file, please email me.
>
> Thanks,
> Robert G.

Ian Smith-Heisters
http://www.0x09.com