[PD] PD keeps crashing

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Feb 13 20:46:20 CET 2005

Ian Smith-Heisters wrote:

> think objects added to the file in the order that they're created. Then
> either delete it, or try to delete the pertinent "#X connect" line,
> which is the patch cord, but I'm not sure how one would identify the
> cord with the object.

simply deleting the object with the text-editor is a no-go, as you would
destroy the entire patch (or rather, everything that comes after that
object)

the simplest way would be to rename the object with the text-editor.
e.g. to something invalid. this will only destroy the known object when
trying to open the patch in pd again (and if you are using pd>=0.38,
even the connections would still be intact)

mfg.acsd.ra
IOhannes