[PD] installing PD and Gem in osx -still not working

julieta Maria barrambabella at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 23:23:28 CET 2005

Hi! I tried what you both suggested, but it just
behaves the same way.
Although I didn't know what roc meant by -path
/users/julieta/whatever/folder, since I don't know
what folder to address...(sorry if i don't get it).
Everything but the .pdrc (which is in
users/julieta(this is my home)) is in applications/Pd
, which I also tried...
I think Pd is working, but I wouldn't be really sure.
I mean, I open a test patch, and some things work
fine, like the metro and random and those kind of
objects, whereas it doesn't seem to recognize the
object counter (which I thought was odd), and it
doesn't recognize any of the Gem objects.  I just get
one Pd window when it opens, and then the other window
when I open the test pdfile. When pd opens I don't get
any messages in the console. When I open the file, I
get:

counter 0 10 1
... couldn't create
 gemwin
... couldn't create
 gemwin
... couldn't create
 gemhead
... couldn't create
 square 2
... couldn't create
 colorRGB 0 0 1 1
... couldn't create
 alpha
... couldn't create
 gemhead
... couldn't create
 colorRGB 0 0 1 1
... couldn't create
 alpha
... couldn't create
 translateXYZ
... couldn't create
 rotateXYZ
... couldn't create
scaleXYZ
... couldn't create
 gemwin
... couldn't create
 cube 1.5
... couldn't create
 gemhead
... couldn't create
 colorRGB 0 0 1 1
... couldn't create
 alpha
... couldn't create
 translateXYZ
... couldn't create
 rotateXYZ
... couldn't create
 scaleXYZ
... couldn't create
 gemwin
... couldn't create
 pix_image
... couldn't create
 pix_texture
... couldn't create
 sphere 2
... couldn't create
 gemhead
... couldn't create
 colorRGB 0 0 1 1
... couldn't create
 alpha
... couldn't create
 translateXYZ
... couldn't create
 rotateXYZ
... couldn't create
 scaleXYZ
... couldn't create
 gemwin
... couldn't create
 pix_texture
... couldn't create
 sphere 2
... couldn't create
 pix_film
... couldn't create
 gemwin
... couldn't create
error: inlet: expected '' but got 'float'
... you might be able to track this down from the Find
menu.
error: inlet: expected '' but got 'float'
error: inlet: expected '' but got 'float'
error: inlet: expected '' but got 'float'
error: .printout.text: no such object