[PD] New bugtracker bug: writesf~ 64-bit distorted files

ix at replic.net ix at replic.net
Mon Feb 14 22:58:50 CET 2005

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 02:06:41PM -0700, thewade wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just added a new bug to the sourceforge bugtracker:
> writesf~ 64-bit distorted files.
>
> My machine is an AMD 64-bit laptop with Fedora Core 3 test 1.
> I am running the 2.6.10-lsm kernel and pd from CVS as of Feb 3.
> gcc-3.4.1-2
>
> I am trying to read in files using readsf~ and I always get bad
> header messages, so I do [open myfile.wave 0 200 2 2 l< and I
> can read a file. I cannot get soundfiler to work.

think i answered this twice already, but all the wav stuff works on linux-x86_64 if you just override headers. this includes soundfiler, ive attached a patch to create the proper string...

youre right, one of us should learn enough C to be able to fix this stuff ourselves, but somehow, fixing it via patching was more fun...