[PD] Help with MIDI i/o Linux Pd

Mitchell Turner mmturner at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 15 02:34:49 CET 2005

I am trying to get a Planet CCRMA linux box up and running with PD.  I
am having one problem.  I cannot get UM-1 (USB MIDI) to show up as a
MIDI input/output device in the MIDI Settings... window of PD
(Media>MIDI settings...).

This MIDI device shows up as an Audio device instead.  When I click on
the Audio Settings (Media>Audio settings...)  the UM-1 is in the audio
list.  This audio list also shows my Modem.

I know I have not configured something correctly but cannot figure out
the problem.

Here is my setup:
Fedora Core 3 (from CCRMA)
all of the Planet CCRMA audio apps (including ALSA, PD, etc...)

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Mitch