[PD] Help with MIDI i/o Linux Pd

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Tue Feb 15 10:53:55 CET 2005

Do 'aconnect -i' or 'pmidi -l', give a list of MIDI devices? If they do
your problem is with PD not 'seeing' the device. I would guess that you
don't have the right symbolic link in your dev tree. Try something like:

ln -s /dev/snd/midiC1D0 /dev/midi.

Where midiC1D0 is your first MIDI interface.

Jamie

Jamie Bullock <jamie at postlude.co.uk>