[PD] .pdrc / error parsing rc arguments

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Feb 15 09:55:07 CET 2005

.` °·' ± `.° '· wrote:
> hi,

> reading startup file:  /users/local/.pdrc
> error parsing rc arguments
>
> i am trying to load pure data.  i had it going
> just fine on my old system.  what's up?
>
> the file seems to be in place etc. . .

well, pd doesn't complain about not finding the file but rather about an
error while parsing it.
so probably you should post your .pdrc (or at least: look hard at it) to
see what is wrong with it.

furthermore, please note, that as with pd>=0.38 the .pdrc is deprecated
in favour of .pdsettings (which has a completely different syntax)
(note: .pdsettings only applies for linux; on windows the configuration
uses the registry; on osX the application-setting-system (or however it
is called))
so probably you are best off by deleting the old .pdrc and start from
scratch. (you can save the current settings via the File->Settings dialogue)

mfg.a.dsr
IOhannes