[PD] Help with MIDI i/o Linux Pd

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Tue Feb 15 20:50:12 CET 2005

I am getting a bit closer to sorting the problem. It seems
that /dev/midiX devices are unique to the TclMIDI implementation, and
nothing to do with Alsa or OSS per se. Hence, the problem being unique
to PD and not other apps.

The problem is that on my system the all sound hardware is presented
under /dev/snd. This wouldn't be a problem because, to make midi work
under PD (for example), all I would have to do is make a symbolic link
from /dev/midi1 to /dev/snd/midi1 etc. The problem is that whenever I
reboot, the symbolic link gets destroyed.

Any ideas?

Jamie

The problem that I have is that

Jamie Bullock <jamie at postlude.co.uk>