[PD] jack problem pd-0.38

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Wed Feb 16 14:20:09 CET 2005

Hallo again!

I found now this posting in the mailinglist:

> Looks like you have two versions of jack installed. Make sure that
> your jack installation is clean, then the packages from PlanetCCRMA
> should work fine.
> Especially take a look at /usr/local/lib/libjack*,
> /usr/local/bin/jackd, etc .... If these files exist, then you have
> most probably two versions of jack installed (then one from
> PlanetCCRMA and one that you compiled yourself?).
>
> In this case, remove any trace from the version you have compiled
> yourself.
>
> Guenter

I installed jack via apt-get and these files are on the following location:

/usr/lib/: ls *jack*
libjack-0.80.0.so.0.23
libjackasyn.so.0.11
libjack.la
(and some links)

/usr/bin/: ls *jack*
jack_bufsize
jack.clock
jackd

So does this mean, that I have installed two different versions?
If yes, which files should I remove?

Thanks,
LG
Georg

--
Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail