[PD] jack problem pd-0.38

=?X-UNKNOWN?Q?g=FCnter_geiger?= geiger at xdv.org
Wed Feb 16 17:10:13 CET 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Georg Holzmann wrote:
> Hallo again!
>
> I found now this posting in the mailinglist:
>
> > Looks like you have two versions of jack installed. Make sure that
> > your jack installation is clean, then the packages from PlanetCCRMA
> > should work fine.
> > Especially take a look at /usr/local/lib/libjack*,
> > /usr/local/bin/jackd, etc .... If these files exist, then you have
> > most probably two versions of jack installed (then one from
> > PlanetCCRMA and one that you compiled yourself?).
> >
> > In this case, remove any trace from the version you have compiled
> > yourself.
> >
> > Guenter
>
> I installed jack via apt-get and these files are on the following location:
>
> /usr/lib/: ls *jack*
> libjack-0.80.0.so.0.23
> libjackasyn.so.0.11
> libjack.la
> (and some links)
>
> /usr/bin/: ls *jack*
> jack_bufsize
> jack.clock
> jackd
>
> So does this mean, that I have installed two different versions?
> If yes, which files should I remove?

Hi,

It seems that your installation is ok, except that you do not mention
the files from the libjack-dev package, which you need to compile pd with
jack.
It is hard to tell what goes wrong with your system without more
information.

Is there an error message or the like ?
How do other jack applications work ?

Cheers,