[PD] jack problem pd-0.38

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Wed Feb 16 19:14:14 CET 2005

Hallo!

Thanks for your answer.

> It seems that your installation is ok, except that you do not mention
> the files from the libjack-dev package, which you need to compile pd with
> jack.
I have now uninstalled the dev package, because I thought maybe this was the
problem ...

> It is hard to tell what goes wrong with your system without more
> information.
The problem is the computer is fixed with no network... :(

Now I copied some more infos:

If I start jackd with 0 out/in: kein Fehler; output in SuperCollider is
working z.b., but the input sound is totally destorted ...

if I start jack with 4 in/out:
apparent rate = 44100
creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|44100|4|4|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
control device hw:0
configuring for 44100Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
ALSA: cannot set channel count to 4 for capture
ALSA: cannot configure capture channel
cannot load driver module alsa
19:06:31.001 JACK was stopped successfully.
19:06:33.000 Could not connect to JACK server as client.
(I have also tried differenty channels, periods, buffer-size, etc.)

in PD only:
/dev/dsp (writeonly): Device or resource busy
/dev/dsp (readonly): Device or resource busy

holzi at holzi:/usr/bin$ ls *jack*
jack_bufsize     jack_freewheel        jack_monitor_client
jack_simple_client
jack.clock       jack_impulse_grabber  jack.play            jackstart
jack_connect     jacklaunch            jack.plumbing        jack_transport
jack.ctl         jack_load             jackrec              jack.udp
jackd            jack_lsp              jack.scope           jack_unload
jack_disconnect  jack_metro            jack_showtime        qjackctl

holzi at holzi:/usr/lib$ ls *jack*
libjack-0.80.0.so.0       libjackasyn.so.0     libjack.la
libjack-0.80.0.so.0.0.23  libjackasyn.so.0.11  libjack.so

libjack0.80.0-0:
inprocess.so  intime.so  jack_alsa.so  jack_dummy.so  jack_oss.so

> How do other jack applications work ?
as mentioned supercollider works, but not the input. (but I'm not sure if
this is a problem with jack ...)

Thanks for any help,
LG
Georg

--
DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Supergünstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl