R: [PD] resonant comb filter series

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Wed Feb 16 17:29:05 CET 2005

OK, I'm back.

As far as I can figure, you made two boo-boos. The first was assuming
that the output of [fiddle~] was in Hz, when it is in MIDI.

The second was too many objects in your low-blocksize subpatch. I can't
explain why, but your subpatch was not operating at [block~ 1] for some
reason. The only things that are necessary in that subpatch are the
[vd~] and the [delwrite~]. Everything else should be left out.

I cleaned it up and have attached it here. The one last thing to note is
that [fiddle~] will not give an "accurate" reading of the comb filter
below around 138.5 Hz or MIDI note 49. As the delay gets longer, the
resulting sound becomes less sinusoidal and closer to the noise which is
driving the comb filter.

best,
derek

--