R: [PD] resonant comb filter series

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Wed Feb 16 18:25:15 CET 2005

Hey Pix!

pix wrote:

>>why must we do
>>deltime (msec) = (samplerate~ / Freq(Hz)) / 1000 instead?

Again, my oops, it was:
deltime (msec) = (samplerate~ / Freq in Hz) / (samplerate~ / 1000)

> you shouldn't have to do this, you would only need to involve
> samplerate~ if you were calculating the number of samples in the delay
> line. but you don't need to, you just give it milliseconds and vd~ sorts
> out the annoying stuff internally.

This assumes a sampling rate of 44100, however. Have a look at my last
mail, where I revised the algorithm. I've used my patch at 44100, 48000
and 96000 Hz sampling rates and gotten consistant results, but I don't
think that Davide's method would hold up outside the 44100 Hz range. But
hey, I'm no Miller S. Puckette ;-)

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl