[PD] beginner's question

Jennifer Carlile jcarlile at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 09:01:49 CET 2005

hello

i've finally decided to install pd on my osx.3 laptop at home rather
than just using in on our lab computers.  I've successfully installed
pd, and it is up and running, but I am unsure of how to get the
various externs to work.

my questions are:
-can the externs be in any directory?
-if so, where do you specify the path to that directory?
-I followed the directions included with the extern, but get a long
list of errors when I say 'make' (200+)

I downloaded the full installer from
http://at.or.at/hans/pd/installers.html, and it works great.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific re: the errors I get when loading,
but maybe there is some trick that this newbie doesn't know
about.....? is there anything special you must do to install externs?

thanks in advance

jen