[PD] jack problem pd-0.38

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Thu Feb 17 10:04:02 CET 2005

Hallo!

> This is a problem with your soundcard. Make sure your soundcard has
> 4 channel in and out (and that ALSA supports it). It seems that it hasn't.
> (ALSA: cannot set channel count to 4 for capture)

My card is a RME Hammerfall. One week ago everything worked fine. Then I
compiled PD 0.38 and now it doesn't work anymore (as I mentioned before). I
also tried to uninstall and reinstall pd 0.37, but now also with the old
0.37 it doesn't work ... it's really crazy!

> You have to tell PD to use jack like this:
> pd -jack
> Or set it in the media menu.
> If the flag doesn't exist or the Media Menu doesn't have a Jack entry
> then pd is not compiled for JACK --> you have to recompile or install
> the Debian package, which works out of the box.
I tried all debian package and different configure flags ... :(
I also tried to reinstall jack.

Thanks again,
LG
Georg

--
Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail

--
DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Supergünstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl