[PD] pd & windows

ix at replic.net ix at replic.net
Fri Feb 18 18:58:45 CET 2005

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 06:50:35PM +0100, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> r.visinoni at aliceposta.it wrote:
> >I have a problems when execuiting an external on pd. It fails and close
> >pd, but closing it I can't see any error msg. When using the same patch
> >under linux on the shell I can see the msg I use on my external and so I
> >can understand where the code fails, but I have to use it under windows
> >due to the fact that at home I only have windows and I can't work with
> >linux.
> >
> >Can someon help me? I need to see the messages my patch gives in output.
> >

> switch to pd-0.37 for now. (i have posted a feature request regarding
> this just yesterday)

the CVS HEAD works great on windows, you get a working terminal with -stderr and best of all theres no "hold your pinky down on control and shift at the same time then contort your hand to the left so that another finger can reach a 3rd key" shortcuts that plagued 0.38...

a few things still dont make it to the terminal, that would have on been shown on linux, like stderr from the gui maybe (if you use tkcon, or 'console show' you get most errors, but a few are lost somewhere...)