[PD] configure error: 0.38-2 osx

Julian Peterson julianpeterson at mac.com
Mon Feb 21 03:37:15 CET 2005

I put up a post recently that might have been a bit confusing because
jack was written in the subject line (although thanks to all of you who
responded).  My problem is not using pd with jack (yet).  I'm having
trouble getting pd's configure script to find my installed tcl/tk
libraries.

I've got Tcl/Tk 8.4 installed in the standard
/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework and ./Tk.framework (Batteries
Included Installer...), yet running ./configure (ignoring jack for now)
fails with:

checking tcl.h usability... yes
checking tcl.h presence... yes
checking for tcl.h... yes
checking for main in -ltcl8.7... no
checking for main in -ltcl8.4... yes
checking for main in -ltk8.7... no
checking for main in -ltk8.4... no
no tk library found
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating makefile

Anyone else experience this?  Know a good workaround?  The only thing I
can think of that might be confusing this that I have tcl/tk installed
as part of the fink collection as well, although if I remove the fink
version of tcl/tk it has no effect on my present difficulties with PD.

Thanks again... I'm an avid user of PD (have been for over a year now)
but am not a programmer at all, so I hope this isn't something *too*
obvious....
-Julian Peterson