[PD] gem renders a teapot with 2 heads!

hard off hard.off at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 13:01:40 CET 2005

oh man, i was so excited...i had read the help file for [model] and
thought it might be my clue for 3-d rendering....

and now i know that it is, so thanks a lot, IOhannes.

but, on my first try it failed.

i got a file from here:

http://www.csit.fsu.edu/~burkardt/data/obj/obj.html

(at the bottom of the page, shuttle.obj)

but it won't load, and i get the following readout in my error-list

_glmReadMTL() failed: can't open material file "/Users/user/Desktop/./vp.mtl".
_glmFindMaterial():  can't find material "glass".
_glmFindMaterial():  can't find material "bone".
_glmFindMaterial():  can't find material "fldkdkgrey".
_glmFindMaterial():  can't find material "redbrick".
_glmFindMaterial():  can't find material "black".
_glmFindMaterial():  can't find material "brass".
_glmFindMaterial():  can't find material "dkdkgrey".

any idea what went wrong???