[PD] gem renders a teapot with 2 heads!

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Feb 24 13:12:21 CET 2005

> but it won't load, and i get the following readout in my error-list

hmm, i tried the file and it loads perfectly on my system (using the
help-patch for [model])

> _glmReadMTL() failed: can't open material file "/Users/user/Desktop/./vp.mtl".
> _glmFindMaterial():  can't find material "glass".
> _glmFindMaterial():  can't find material "bone".
> _glmFindMaterial():  can't find material "fldkdkgrey".
> _glmFindMaterial():  can't find material "redbrick".
> _glmFindMaterial():  can't find material "black".
> _glmFindMaterial():  can't find material "brass".
> _glmFindMaterial():  can't find material "dkdkgrey".

OBJ-files support "materials" (e.g. different colors for different parts
of the model); these are stored in a separate file that is named inside
the .obj-file, in your case it is vp.mtl, which is not there (but this
should just be silently ignored if you do not have that file (obviously
you cannot use the "material"-message then)

> any idea what went wrong???

not really, what do you get ? just nothing ??

restart pd/Gem and try again ... (with the help-patch, probably it is
your patch ;-))

mfg.ads.r
IOhannes