[PD] 3d loader- 3dsmax to maya converter?

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Thu Feb 24 17:58:33 CET 2005

On Feb 24, 2005, at 11:32 AM, manuel knapp wrote:

> this 3d loader is very cool...i have also tested this spaceshuttle
> obj. with the model-help-patch.it works great.
> but iam still waiting for a loader for 3ds max files, because i work
> about 4 years with 3ds max.i made many abstrakt objects and animations
> in 3ds max, so i am waiting for sucha loader.
> does anybody knows if there is a good  3dsmax to maya obj. converter?

...I'd suggest wings3d or blender, but blender needs an extra python
importer/exporter for 3ds (easy enough to find on the blender site;
look for importer/exporter plugins/scripts)...I should also note that
these programs only really do this on x86 platforms:  3ds files have
byteswapping problems atm on ppc...but there should be native support
in [model] very soon!

l8r,
james