[PD] Repairing wav files written by pd 64bit

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Mon Feb 28 21:54:18 CET 2005

Hello list!

I figured out that like readsf~ on pd 64-bit, writesf~ doesnt write
correct headers. I can play the files with aplay using -f dat as
that forces the correct header settings. Now how do I repair the
files header directly so that I may use these files in other
programs?

I tried using sox but I couldnt get it to work:
sox test.wav -r 48000 -c 1 test2.wav
sox: Failed reading test.wav: WAVE header not found

Thanks for the help!
-thewade

ps. The test wave file is attached to the bug I submitted on
sourceforges bugtracker. Its not worth hearing, just a test tone.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1122560&group_id=55736&atid=478070