[PD] single vs dual vs 64

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Mar 23 10:40:08 CET 2005

Hallo,
Miller Puckette hat gesagt: // Miller Puckette wrote:

> 64 bit archs might run slower than 32 bit ones, and anyway Pd can't
> take advantage of bits 32 through 63 yet (because I haven't bought a
> 64 bit machine yet and don't know what Pd would have to do to take
> advantage of 64-ness.)

However the AMD64 CPUs are very fast in 32bit mode, as well, and I
think, they even suck less power and thus allow machines which are
more quiet. At least to me, a quiet box is important, though I
suppose, other musicians see (or hear) this similarily. (And for a
quiet machine, the choice of graphics card is an important one as
well.)

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "scans" _ http://footils.org/cms/show/41