[PD] Re: "py" and os.path

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Mon Mar 28 22:04:05 CEST 2005

Hi Ben,

> I'm sorry to have bothered you with this. Making a fool of myself tends
> to be the result of jumping right into a language I don't know.

no problem, i'm always happy about any feedback. I'm by no means a
Python pro myself - but i like the language and i'm learning a lot each
time i use it.

> How much bigger would "py" be if it did include an interpreter? I only
> ask because I've now unwittingly make pixelTANGO depend on both "py" the
> external and python the language. But hey, better than tot buffer
> overflows.

Hmmm, i don't think it would make a big difference , as on most
platforms Python is pre-installed. For Windows, you could just throw a
python2x.dll into the PD bin folder and py/pyext would run, but without
any Python modules the might be important as well.

all the best,
Thomas