[PD] pdp/ffmpeg

ydegoyon at free.fr ydegoyon at free.fr
Tue Mar 29 20:53:33 CEST 2005

> Hi Folks

> My fist crack at pdp - so far so good with some Quicktime playback, but I find
that I can't play most
> Quicktime files - I get an error telling me that the codec isn't supported.
JPEG codec works fime
> (anim-1.mov from the Gem docs) but I haven't found another QT file that works.
 Is there a good place to
> look for such files?  Right now I just want to try and get this thing
running...

pdp will support as little codecs as libquicktime does,
that's the deal. mainly, photo-JPEG and Sorenson,
but depending on your version of libquicktime.
anyway, if you can't read it with 'lqtplay',
you won't be able to read it with pdp.
on a side note, i have the impression that i answered
657 times to that question.

> Part two:  from the pdp_capture help patch, pdp_ffmpeg~ won't create.  Is
there anything I need to do
> outside pd here?  I've got the Debian packages for pdp and have tried ffmpeg
both from the packages and
> from CVS.

if you want pdp_ffmpeg~, you need to compile pidip with
--with-ffmpeg=/path/to/ffmpeg/sources
but not sure you really need it.
it was used before to stream,
but now will be replaced by pdp_theonice~ for streaming.

saludos,
sevy