[PD] Gem questions

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Mon Apr 4 17:08:32 CEST 2005

On Apr 4, 2005, at 10:50 AM, vade wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback, I will look into GLdefine object, and any
> GEMGl_ objects (which I understand should all be GEM prepended to any
> normal openGL calls (ie the object name)?)
>
> Do you guys (or anyone) have any simple example patches using the
> gemgl_*/gemdefine objects? Where do they fit in the em chain, etc?

...usually you just send a message to gldefine, kinda like this:

[GL_LINE_LOOP<

[GLdefine]

...and then connect that GLdefine to whatever inlet can use a
GL_LINE_LOOP...This stuff shouldn't be hard to fool with if you have a
copy of the "red book" around...

> Just curious so I can get started.

...try examples/09.OpenGL/01.primQuad.pd...it's the only gl wrapper
example atm, but you could also look at the shapeSynth abstractions,
which I'll add to the cvs abstractions before the end of the day...

james