[PD] HID segfault

august august at alien.mur.at
Fri Apr 8 22:07:03 CEST 2005

ok, so the HID object works fine, but only on some systems.

I just tried on an ubuntu system and I can load the external, which will
then report that it finds my wingman joystick.  however, after I send it a
"start" message, PD segfaults.

any ideas where to look?

works perfectly on another machine with gentoo.  I'm thinking it's
a hardware issure, though.

strangly enough, the outdated "rawjoystick" external works on the ubuntu
machine...but outputs the both the vertical motion on the second axis as
well as the hat-X values on the same 4th outlet.

-august.