[PD] building all external on linux

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Apr 12 01:37:34 CEST 2005

Yes, the documentation is lacking.  I updated externals/build/README
and externals/build/TODO.  Hopefully it'll be more helpful now.  Here's
how to add externals that use libs (from README), for example:

Externals That Need Libraries
=============================

In order to add an external that needs libraries to this build system,
create
a "libs" file with the exact same name as the source file (i.e.
oggread~.c and
oggread~.libs).  If the .libs file has cross-platforms library options,
it
should go into externals/build/src.  .libs files for platform-specific
library
options go in externals/build/PLATFORM (see TODO, this isn't totally
implemented).

.hc