[PD] IEMlib can't load library

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Apr 12 08:22:29 CEST 2005

Þúrstan wrote:
> Well that's just the strangest thing. This is the contents of my startup
> batch file:
>
> pd -mididev 1,2,3,4,6,7 -asio -sounddev 3 -audiobuf 20 -path
> "G:\pd\extra\Framestein\Patches" -path "G:\pd\gripd" -lib gripd -lib
> gem-0.87/Gem -path G:\pd\iemabs -path G:\pd\externs -lib
> iemlib1:iemlib2:iem_mp3:iem_t3_lib

i don't see the "-verbose" flag that eventuall might tell you (and me,
and all the others) more about the error pd encounters when trying to
load something it can't.

oh, and now i remember in a corner of my brain that the ":" separator
might not work on windows: so try "-lib iemlib1 -lib iemlib2 ..." (and
put the iemlibs into pd\extra instead of pd\externs (then you won't need
the path-flag for that): the place for externals has been one of the
major misunderstandings in the history of pd)

mfg.ads.r
IOhannes